Thursday, July 29, 2010

Leif and Bill's "Paramount Ling Adventure"

I headed out on the Paramount Wednesday on the 6:30am-3:30pm with Bill Malcolm of Midland Park for the deep water ling special. Bill was off and it didn't take much to convince me. (Just the wife)


It was about a two hour ride to the spot in flat seas.
We started nailing them right away using the "Glow Squid" High Low triple hook rig. Double headers and big fat ling to boot.
Not too far in the trip I dropped my custom 7ft bottom rod I build along with the Penn accurate conversion. Don't ask me what happened.... just slippery hands and a little arm spasm and down it goes to Davey Jones and the ling Gods.
We combined for 35big ling between us for the day. It was a full boat and appeared that most anglers had some fish. No dogfish and a few ocean pout were caught but the current was strong and that made it difficult to anchor and remain on the fish at times.

Leif

.

No comments:

Post a Comment