Friday, February 24, 2012

Golden Touch Sunday 1/15/12 Blackfish Report

 Ventured out on the Golden Touch this Sunday for some Blackfish. As most of you know it was very windy and cold. We gave it a shot anyway thinking it wouldn't be too bad but the 2-4 were 3-5 and it was like fishing in a washing machine out there.


It was difficult to stand and feel the bites at times with the chop and ice. One veteran Black fisherman did not attempt to fish. We headed in early and that was probably the right call.

I managed 2 nice keepers and my son never wet a line as he was not feeling well after we got underway. Tony Cav had a nice keeper and had a few good bites. Ron who we fished with as well had a keeper. Nice to meet Frankie and Ron. Hopefully we will fish together again under better conditions! Also...Tony donated his nice keeper so Ron and I wound up with 2 each to take home.

Well, like I said on the boat...I enjoyed myself anyway and caught a few fish.

We had a great breakfast as usual and was offered luch at the dock prepared by the two Franks.

Thanks for making the effort Capt John and Frankie

No comments:

Post a Comment