Thursday, October 25, 2012

Jetty Fly Fishing Report 10/25

Jetty Fly Fishing Report 10/25


Well, I did something different today and fished the Jetty instead of the wash. I put on the old Korkers, rain jacket and headed out. Even brought the gaff just incase.

I fished from 6:15am until 7:45am today. I used my Chartreuse "super snake" today. The water looked great. light NE and some wave action. Nice current drifting the fly naturally into the feeding zone....

The only problem was, there were no stripers or bait. It seems those stripers are tuned into those peanuts and the act like a vaccuum, sucking all the bass to where they are. If they are not where you are.....no fish. I was hoping for a stray or resident fish but no dice..

Hopefully we will get a few days in before the Perfect Storm....


Leif

1 comment:

  1. Outstanding... been reading your posts on njfishing for years. Really miss your area, now that I'm in South Jersey, a lot tougher fly fishing conditions. But I'll be out!

    ReplyDelete