Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Deal Surf Report 12-15 "Lots of action"


Fished the Deal surf from 6:30am to 7:45am. I was surprised to pull up to an empty parking lot on such a balmy day....45 degrees. Took a few casts off the Phillips jetty and after getting walloped with a wave decided to hit the beach to the north side.
It wasn't long before I had a fish on the Yozuri crystal minnow. After a brief battle and thrashing it was gone. I had several other hook ups with the same result. The crashing surf, sloppy hits and thrashing of the little fellas made them hard to land.


As it got lighter I could see the fish milling around the surface further out and decided to try an AVA 27 which proved effective in the heavier surf. I had a couple of hook ups as well which resulted in lost fish but finally landed one fat 25 incher for a photo.

Leif

No comments:

Post a Comment