Saturday, September 19, 2009

Deal Surf Report 9/19 Fly Rod Keeper!!



Well couldn't ask for a nicer morning at the beach. Light NW and clear conditions. There is still good "wave action" but not enough to prevent fly fishing off the surf.


I fished from 5:45am-7:00am with my fly rod and famous white snake fly.

The fish were right in the wash and before long I had my first fish at 26.5 inches. He exploded on the fly and gave me a nice battle for that sized fish.

A few more casts to some "disturbed" looking water and another explosive boil on the top water snake fly. This fish fought even harder and went right into the backing. This fish was just shy of 29 inches and I kept him.
As it got lighter I had one more boil and hook-up but it escaped.

There were small blues and many fluke in the wash as well. Ben and his Dad fished the same area and caught one bluefish and many fluke on metal. They were still fishing when I left at 7:00. Leif slept in today!! Oh well I guess he'll see the pictures.



In case you missed it here's how to do it. Nothing better than catching a Striper on a fly, especially one you tied!!

http://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15463

Leif

No comments:

Post a Comment